Close Grip Row (Squat Position)
Follow these steps
- Attach the band towards the top of a door with a door anchor
- Step back until there is tension on the resistance band
- Get into a Squat position (Keep a straight lower back and brace your core)
- Pull towards your belly button until your elbows pass your upper body – Hold your hand close together
- Return slowly to the starting position (resist against the pull of the band)
- Repeat for reps
No tension in the band means no resistance and this means that your muscles are not working. We don’t want that. To avoid this mistake grab the band closer towards your feet and make sure there is no slack in the band in the starting position.
Don’t round your back! This will put a lot of stress on your spine and can lead to unnecessary injuries. The same goes for your shoulders. Stick your chest out and rotate your shoulders back.
Adjust the resistance
This is the simplest and fastest way to adjust the resistance of a band. Wrapping it around your hand will shorten the band and therefore increase the resistance you will have to work against.
You did get yourself a set of resistance bands right? Having a set enables you to combine bands to get the right resistance. What I like to do is adding the lightest band to the exercise once I feel it gets easier to get my reps in.