Follow these steps
- Attach the band towards the bottom (knee-high) of a door with a door anchor
- Lie down on your back with your head pointing towards the anchor point
- Grab the band so you feel tension when you have your hands pointing straight up
- Bring your hands towards your hips while having almost straight arms
- Return slowly to the starting position (resist against the pull of the band)
- Repeat for reps
When you’re in the starting position of your pullover, there shouldn’t be any slack in the band. The band should already be stretched a little bit and pulling your hands towards the anchor point.
Adjust the resistance
This is the simplest and fastest way to adjust the resistance of a band. Wrapping it around your hand will shorten the band and therefore increase the resistance you will have to work against.
You did get yourself a set of resistance bands right? Having a set enables you to combine bands to get the right resistance. What I like to do is adding the lightest band to the exercise once I feel it gets easier to get my reps in.
You can adjust the resistance simply by lying down further away from the anchor point. This will stretch the band further and add resistance.