Single-Arm Bent-Over Row
Follow these steps
- Get into a Split-Squat position and step on the band with each foot
- Grab the band with one hand so there is no slack in the bottom position
- Bend over with your upper body (Place the not working hand on your knee for stability)
- Pull towards your belly button until your elbow passes your upper body
- Return slowly to the starting position (resist against the pull of the band)
- Repeat for reps (Don’t forget the other side!)
No tension in the band means no resistance and this means that your muscles are not working. We don’t want that. To avoid this mistake grab the band closer towards your feet and make sure there is no slack in the band in the starting position.
Don’t round your back! This will put a lot of stress on your spine and can lead to unnecessary injuries. The same goes for your shoulders. Stick your chest out and rotate your shoulders back.
Adjust the resistance
This is the simplest and fastest way to adjust the resistance of a band. Wrapping it around your hand will shorten the band and therefore increase the resistance you will have to work against.
You did get yourself a set of resistance bands right? Having a set enables you to combine bands to get the right resistance. What I like to do is adding the lightest band to the exercise once I feel it gets easier to get my reps in.